- As soon as you can, download Zoom to your computer, tablet or phone:
Go to https://zoom.us/ or use your Android or iphone store.
- Sign up with your email address and name.
- They’ll send you an email and you need to click a link on this to verify your email address. When you open the application a box will appear. Click ‘use computer audio’.
- Click the link from the newsletter anytime from 6.45 (we start at 7.00) and you will enter the virtual room and be able to see and hear others who are there.
1. Please arrive early so that you are set up and ready for the session to start at 7.00 pm
2. Please make sure that your sound and video are on at the beginning (click the microphone icon and the video icon at the bottom of your screen). We are coming together as an online sangha (community) so it is very important that we can see each other throughout the session. This is also important for safeguarding reasons and general courtesy. If you don’t want to see yourself you can turn off ‘self-view’ by clicking on the three little dots at the top right of your image or by right-clicking your image
3. Please make sure that your name is displayed below your image so that we can relate to each other by name rather than by ‘i-pad’ or some other label :-). You can edit your name by clicking the three little dots at the top right of your image or, better still, go to Zoom.us, log in. And fill in your profile name there.
4. Once the session has started it is good practice to mute your sound as this eliminates background noise and feedback. You can, of course, unmute whenever you wish to speak.
5. On a laptop/computer you can choose ‘Speaker View’ and just see whoever is speaking or ‘Gallery View’ to see everyone (on a phone or tablet just swipe the screen).
Don’t worry we’ll be there to help if you need us!